Sunday, September 7, 2008

in 10 Years

Right now 30 seems so far away.  I know the next 10 years of my life will contain some of the biggest changes I'll have seen yet.

For starters, I hope to be married.  I want to strive to protect my marriage at all costs.  I don't want to be another divorced statistic.  Staying married to the same man for my whole life is important to me.  In addition, probably by 30, I'll be considering having children if I haven't already had one.  When I am a wife and mother, I want to put my husband and family first.  

Career wise, I plan to go to pharmacy school and become a pharmacist.  I don't know if I'd rather do retail or hospital pharmacy yet, but I do want to have flexible hours that allow me to be home for my family.  

I want to have a beautiful home on the river somewhere in the Low Country of South Carolina.  I love the Charleston area and parts south of Charleston like Beaufort or Bluffton.  

I also hope to travel, and not just for pleasure.  I have a passion to go on a medical mission trip.  I want to use my education to help people who really need it.  In the health field most jobs do this, but something about traveling to a country that desperately needs help really calls to me.  Before I die, I want to know that I've made a difference in at least one person's life.  I want to be someone my children and grandchildren can look up to.  (I do want to travel for pleasure though too--hello Bora Bora!)

No comments: