Sunday, September 14, 2008

Interview Articles

I read the article about the most common questions asked during an interview. I thought this interview was helpful to know what questions to expect but at the same time, we had already discussed most of them in class. I think that answering these questions will be tough. I'm not really sure I know how to "practice" for them either. I know I need to figure out how to answer the strength and weakness question. I've even been asked that question in interviews for different things in Clemson.

I also read the article on questions to ask the interviewer. I thought this was really helpful. I always feel like that moment is so awkward in the interview because before I didn't know what was appropriate and what wasn't. I think now the difficult part will be knowing when to ask which type of questions to which person.

I thought these articles were helpful, but at the same time, I feel like at some point you have to just accept that you can only prepare so much for an interview. The employer is going to hire you based on your personality. Isn't it key to let that shine through more than have all the right answers? I guess ideally, I would want to have the right answers but also feel comfortable just being me.

No comments: