Monday, October 6, 2008

Mock Interview Reflection

I wasn't really sure what to expect before my interview, but for some reason I really wasn't nervous at all. I guess because it was a mock interview and it didn't really affect my future. When I've interviewed for a real job in the past, I have been nervous. I feel like that because I wasn't nervous, I was able to really be myself. Actually, the interview was kinda fun! I enjoy the uncertainty of not knowing what question is coming next.

One question that threw me was: "What was the most meaningful experience of the Health Science program at Clemson?" I really didn't have an answer to this question. I'm not sure there has been one event that has been really meaningful in that it reshaped my life; however, I remember how I felt after my first ever health science lecture. I remember after leaving that class how excited I was to finally feel like I had found my niche. I tried to use this as my most meaningful experience. Hopefully, this answer was successful and didn't look like I was grasping at straws.

If I had to do this interview over again, I don't think I would really change much. Had this been a real interview, I would have felt really good about it and would have been hopeful to receive a call back. Thankfully I've been blessed with the ability to answer interview questions with ease. Overall, I feel mostly comfortable in interview settings, almost like this is my time to shine and work the audience. Normally, I just try to have fun with interviews! I think I would have prepared better questions to ask at the end of the interview. I had forgotten about that part, so I had to make up something on the fly.

I learned to just relax and be myself in an interview. I felt how much easier it is to interview if I don't get nervous. This to me was the most important lesson I learned. I also learned how to write a cover letter. I didn't realize this was a necessary part of a resume.

No comments: